Together with the rise in popularity of NBA jerseys cheap growing dramatically within the last decade, so have the number of fake or counterfeit jerseys offered as authentic. Unfortunately, counterfeit jerseys are big business. It can be estimated that tens of huge amounts of money are lost each year to counterfeiters. Legitimate sales are lost, producer’s royalties are unpaid, and also the sports fans get inferior quality merchandise – everybody loses!
Many scam artists set up shop and peddle their fake merchandise at sporting events and temporary locations. The sales pitch usually begins with a bargain price. This is usually the hook that is used to lure the prospective buyer right into a high-pressure sales hype.
The seller may let you know that the reason behind the bargain price is because they received quite a lot on overstocked merchandise, or these people were fortunate enough to buy out your stock of a going-out-of-business retailer. As well as, this comes with a “guarantee” how the sports jersey is the genuine article. Don’t purchase it!
Most likely these sports jerseys are knock-offs (unauthorized copies) shipped in from overseas. These fakes usually come with bad quality materials and inferior manufacturing processes. Bad stitching, faded colors, off-sizes, and all of-around cheap appearance are common characteristics of the counterfeit jersey.
The same unscrupulous vendors have gone hi-tech by selling their fake merchandise on the internet. In order to try your hand at buying that favorite sports jersey at one of the online auctions – reconsider that thought! It can be estimated that approximately 95% from the Mitchell & Ness throwback jerseys sold on eBay are counterfeits.
Law enforcement agencies are beginning to police these fake sports jerseys as well as the vendors that sell them. The counterfeit jerseys are increasingly being confiscated as well as the vendors arrested. Selling or manufacturing counterfeit jerseys is certainly a serious crime. Penalties for the first offense really are a fine up to $2 million and 10 years in prison. A second offense virtually doubles these penalties.
Despite these efforts, there is certainly still a massive black market for the counterfeit jerseys. The policing agencies are only not staffed up to stop the big inflow of the NBA Australia arriving from overseas. So, your best advice is – Buyer Beware!
Follow these 6 tips and you can be assured that your particular next purchase will be the “genuine article” – an authorized, high-quality official sports jersey:
* Be suspicious of prices too good to be true – they generally are.
* Don’t buy your jersey from your street vendor – authorized dealers rarely market authentic sport jerseys in stadium parking lots or on street corners.
* Look at the jersey carefully. Fakes normally have poor stitching and faded (or wrong) team colors.
* Believe it or not, examine the spelling in the name of your team or player. Fakes usually have misspellings. Consider it – a reputation like R-o-e-t-h-l-i-s-b-e-r-g-e-r just isn’t so easy to have right.
* Seek out the state sport logo – NHL, NFL, MLB, NBA, etc. Most NBA store Melbourne display the league logo by means of a hologram.
* Official jerseys display the name of dexupky45 licensed manufacturer as well as a trademark — this is a must.
Remember – if the “deal” sounds too good, it probably is! Smart sports fans, as if you, make their sports jersey purchases from reputable, licensed merchants and be proud of knowing that they are wearing the genuine DEAL!